Farm to Table in Okinawa:
Brown Sugar and Banana Dessert
A delicious and fun farm-to-table experience in Okinawa guided by an organic sugarcane and banana farmer!
Head to stunning, subtropical Okinawa to experience the charm of life on an organic farm in Japan. Guided by an organic sugarcane and banana farmer, you’ll learn about the various farming tools and methods and try your hand at harvesting raw Okinawan sugarcane, from chopping the sugarcane to extracting its juices.
This organic farm-to-table experience in Okinawa is hands-on and interactive! After harvesting and taking a bite of the sugarcane, you’ll squeeze it with a hand-operated press, and sample the 100% fresh juice. Finally, you can witness as condensed sugarcane juice is turned into brown sugar, and you’ll be able to take a bag of the delicious final product back as a souvenir!
After the Okinawan sugarcane experience, you’ll tour the banana fields. Then, you’ll combine the two delicious Okinawan products to make a tasty dessert of caramelized banana with brown sugar and banana ice cream.
This farm-to-table experience in Okinawa is perfect for families, tropical island lovers, and anybody with a sweet tooth. The farm tour is offered all year long, though the winter harvest of sugarcane is particularly sweet. Learn about farm culture in Japan, tasting organic Okinawan sugarcane and bananas right at the source!
- Tour the sugarcane fields of Okinawa with a local farmer.
- Try freshly harvested and squeezed sugarcane! As sugarcane is a fresh crop like vegetables and fruits, freshness greatly affects quality.
- Tour the banana fields! Miyakojima's native island banana is characterized by its sweet and sour refreshing acidity.
- Learn to make a delicious dessert, enjoying the apple pie-like taste of banana caramelized with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 4,500JPY per peprson for 6 years or elder
- 1,000JPY per person 5 years and under
- Free for chilld 1 year and under
- On-site Payment only
- You can also use cash or the following cards for payment.
- Tour of organic farm in Miyakojima
- Tasting (sugarcane, juice, brown sugar, baked banana, banana ice cream)
- Souvenir (brown sugar)
- Leaflet and free photo service (5-10 photos)
- 15-26% discount for products
- Transportation to the location
- Take proper measures against UV rays, such as hats and sunscreen, as it is an outdoor activity.
- Please bring water to prevent heat stroke.
- There is no bathroom in the field, so we will guide you to a public park toilet located 1 minute by car or 3 minutes on foot.
- If the event cannot be held due to bad weather such as a typhoon or heavy rain, we will contact you before the event.
Please email is (email@example.com ) with the information below.
- 1) Name of the representative
- 2) E-mail address of the representative
- 3) Preferred day (YYYY/MM/DD)
- 4) Preferred time (choose 9:00/13:00/14:00 or "Any time is fine")
- 5) Number of all people 6 years and elder
- 6) Number of people 5 years and under
- 7) Number of children 1 year and under
We will send you a reply mail within 24 hours after confirming the application mail.
- Alternative Farm Miyako : Shimoji Farm
Find by Google map : https://maps.app.goo.gl/YYBiYC1QpHKxNNWR7
- 15 minutes from the airport
- 15 minutes from Shigira Resort
- 3 minutes from Tokyu Resort
- A small blue sign is a landmark